Blogs > Red Wings Corner

Up-to-the minute updates and insights from the Red Wings locker room at home and on the road. By Chuck Pleiness of The Macomb Daily.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Babcock on Sammy

Coach Mike Babcock speaking after today's practice about the status of Mikael Samuelsson, who has been out with a groin strain.

"He just told me if it's up to him, he wants to play. I said, 'Well my kid wants to dress for us tomorrow night too, but are you healthy?' They're going to work that out."

"He's one of those guys who's going to skate again tomorrow and see how he reacted."

"His last game was the (March) 25th. For a groin that wasn't pulled, had no tear in it, he's got to be just about ready. So is that tomorrow or Game 2, I don't know. At this point. I had him on a line like he was playing."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"He just told me if it's up to him, he wants to play. I said, 'Well my kid wants to dress for us tomorrow night too, but are you healthy?' They're going to work that out."

Babcock may frustrate me at times, but he has some really great one-liners. Giving us the little things like this is a nice touch, Bruce.

April 10, 2008 at 2:50 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home