Blogs > Red Wings Corner

Up-to-the minute updates and insights from the Red Wings locker room at home and on the road. By Chuck Pleiness of The Macomb Daily.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Post-Game 2 quotes

Some interesting stuff coming out after the game.

Pittsburgh coach Michel Therrien on Chris Osgood drawing two penalties: "He's a good actor. He goes to players and he's diving. Took away our power play. Got to get focused. I know our players are frustrated right now. It's tough to play the game. But Osgood did the same thing against Dallas under Ribeiro.
"Our team never goes to (the) goalie. We never did it. And we don't target the goalie. But this is ... want to talk about experience ... he goes to players and he knows what to do, I guess."

Johan Franzen on being hit in the head: "I got to expect that almost. I've got to be ready. I've got to put my hands up and protect myself."
Franzen on the scrums: "We like to play hockey. We have more fun when we do that and just moving the puck. We try to stay away as much as we can from scrums. What happens, happens."

Sidney Crosby on Osgood being hit by Sykora: "And I don't think he's a guy who purposely stays out of the way from that kind of stuff. We have seen them against Dallas. He's not afraid to get in there and stir things up. I thought on that play, and maybe a couple, he didn't necessarily try his best to avoid the situation. So that's playoff hockey, though.
"You gotta expect those kind of things. And sometimes the calls are going to go your way. Sometimes they're not."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bruce, noticed you got to pick the three stars of the game. I thought Stuart should've been 2nd star and Filppula third.

May 27, 2008 at 9:03 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home