Blogs > Red Wings Corner

Up-to-the minute updates and insights from the Red Wings locker room at home and on the road. By Chuck Pleiness of The Macomb Daily.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Homer a maybe for Thursday

Tomas Holmstrom skated this morning with the Red Wings for the first time since being shelved with back spasms, Nov. 20. Holmstrom said that Thursday's home game is a possibility for his return if all goes well in practices Tuesday and Wednesday.

"Just so I don't pull it again; I just don't want to have a setback," said Holmstrom. "I was skating today. I didn't force the skating, just went out there and got the sweat going. It felt good."

Funny moment happened when Holmstrom was talking with reporters after the practice. The last man off the ice, Chris Chelios, called across the locker room to Holmstrom, questioning why Homer didn't stay out on the ice longer with him. Homer did stay on the ice for 40 minutes, which is a good first day back.

"I have to do media," joked Holmstrom. "That's why I got off the ice."

Chelios didn't buy it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem enough recovery time to me...- its barely 2 weeks.
It seems to me as if they are pushing it a bit.

December 2, 2008 at 2:13 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home