Blogs > Red Wings Corner

Up-to-the minute updates and insights from the Red Wings locker room at home and on the road. By Chuck Pleiness of The Macomb Daily.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Not my star

I'm not sure why the NHL.com scoresheet from Saturday's game lists Ty Conklin as the No. 1 star. I picked the stars and had Dan Cleary as the No. 1 star after he scored the game-winning goal. I believe that he was announced as the first start after the game, taking a twirl.

Not to slam Conklin. Just to get the record straight. I've been getting some e-mails asking why I picked Conklin. The answer is I didn't.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the same could be said of the pick of Hossa the other night. Datsyuk's play is full of subtlety that most dont see, look at Zetterberg this season he is ordinary looking, you realize what Datsyuk does for him. If Zetterberg gets 8 mil a season all i can say is BRAD RICHARDS. Zetterberg is a 2nd Line center and should be paid accordingly i.e. 5-6 mil a season.

December 21, 2008 at 6:18 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zetterbergs performance last season, particularly in the playoffs, is definitely superior to a "second line center".

December 22, 2008 at 2:03 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home