Blogs > Red Wings Corner

Up-to-the minute updates and insights from the Red Wings locker room at home and on the road. By Chuck Pleiness of The Macomb Daily.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sydor in Pens' lineup for Game 3

UPDATE: Kris Letang will be a healthy scratch tonight for Sydor. I'd call this somewhat surprising. Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi were on the ice for Detroit's first three even-strength goals in this series. My guess would have been Gill would be out, but it's Letang.

---

Defenseman Darryl Sydor will be on the ice for the Penguins tonight. It will be his first game of the playoffs. Sydor is the leader among Penguins in career playoff games with 151. Gary Roberts is second at 126.

I'm not sure at this point who's out on the blue line. I'll update after coach Michel Therrien's press conference.

"Yah, I've got butterflies and I'll have them tonight," said Sydor, 36, who has won two Stanley Cups. "That's when you know your time is done when you're not nervous any more. It's a good nervousness. I'm excited to be back and helping out."

"He's a leader for our team," said Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby. "He'll definitely bring a sense of calm in our room and out on the ice. He's a guy who's going to really make the simple plays and manage the puck well out there."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home