Blogs > Red Wings Corner

Up-to-the minute updates and insights from the Red Wings locker room at home and on the road. By Chuck Pleiness of The Macomb Daily.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Apology

It has been a while between posts for me. For anyone who checks this blog regularly -- God bless you -- I'm sorry. I hate when I check my favorite sites and find nothing new, so I understand the frustration.

Because of significant layoffs in December at my newspaper, my job duties have changed slightly. I still have the Red Wings beat, but that beat doesn't include travel (hopefully just for the regular season) and hasn't included much practice coverage. The need for staffing in the office is undeniable.

So the posts might not come as frequently as before, but they will come more often than they have in the past couple of weeks.

I'm not as involved with the Red Wings, but there are a few upsides for me personally. I've renewed my friendship with the snack machine in the office. That's helping the local economy immensely. And I've become much better at Guitar Hero. At this pace, I'll be able to move past the easy level in two or three years.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, am just glad to hear that my favorite Red Wings reporter is okay in this recession. Hopefully it will be over soon and we will all be able to go back to reading your updates from the road. Take car.

January 28, 2009 at 11:31 AM 
Blogger I'd rather be camping... said...

I was wondering what was going on with you...definitly missed your regular posts, but living in Michigan I understand completely.
too funny about the Guitar Hero. TOTALLY ADDICTING:)

Rock on!

January 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto. I'm just glad that you're still kicking and still have a job.

January 28, 2009 at 12:21 PM 
Blogger James said...

Glad to have you back, Bruce. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll be ok because you're a damn fine reporter. Wings fans appreciate you more than you know.

January 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM 
Blogger Chuck Pleiness said...

Wait ... Another MacLeod? Is that your surname? Boy, I'm thinking Highlander vs. Highlander pay-per-view or something along those lines.
Another MacLeod? I had a hard time convincing the lovely Mrs. MacLeod to take that name ... i.e. marry me. Now there's MacLeods everywhere. Love it.

January 28, 2009 at 1:36 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very happy to hear you survived the layoffs and still covering the Wings. Any insights you post on this blog are much appreciated (the Thoughts on ... post-game wrap-ups especially). Keep up the great work!

January 28, 2009 at 2:31 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very happy to know ill still have access to your insight after morning skates and games. wings fans are so lucky to have people like the ilitch family, ken holland, jim nil, stevie y, AND great reporters like you, ak, and gjm! thanks to you all! GO WINGS!

a greatful fan of hockeytown aka CUP#12

January 28, 2009 at 3:15 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've sure missed your posts over this last little bit, but certainly glad you are still on the beat! Your insight is always thoughtful & much appreciated!!

January 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on - you're finally back! Keep up the excellent work.

January 29, 2009 at 12:31 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home