Blogs > Red Wings Corner

Up-to-the minute updates and insights from the Red Wings locker room at home and on the road. By Chuck Pleiness of The Macomb Daily.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Two wishes

Two things I'd love to see in tonight's Game 7 ...

-- Marian Hossa skating with the puck directly at the opposition net. He's pulling up more, passing off more. No one on the Wings is better than Hossa at carrying the puck to the net and creating havoc. He's a mini-Rocket Richard in that way and I'd like to see more of that.

-- Pavel Datsyuk passing more, shooting more off the pass, going for 1-on-1 moves less. Don't get me wrong. Datsyuk has to go at opponents 1-on-1. It gives him space for passing and shooting. But the Wisniewskis of the world are playing the body well on him. Datsyuk is getting close, but not getting there. A little more passing from one of the game's best passers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jdunc said...

I couldn't agree more, Hossa needs to drive the net, and believe it or not the Wings need to shoot more. They need to shoot from everywhere. Hard and low shots, Hiller is good, but he's clumsy. I can tell when the Wings are playing well when they try shooting from the crazy and low percentage angles. Throw everything to the net, and go to the net. I know this tends to expose our defense, but I would trust our offense to score more than theirs

May 14, 2009 at 11:05 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen brotha. Bleed your passion into the Red Wings for me tonight as there will be no Insane Clowns, Dead goalies, or ex Madupistan Sitcom Stars on your blog babbling tonight.

I'll be on the ice here playing amateur and hoping to push us to a win through the karma of practicing what I preach.

Smile. Laugh. Be Creative. Never let your legs quit. Never stop moving. Play hockey.

May 14, 2009 at 1:34 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home