Blogs > Red Wings Corner

Up-to-the minute updates and insights from the Red Wings locker room at home and on the road. By Chuck Pleiness of The Macomb Daily.

Monday, June 1, 2009

No news on Pavel

Coach Mike Babcock said that there's no news on Pavel Datsyuk's status. That means officially a game-day decision. Perhaps that means that no change in status means no change in his game status and that Datsyuk might not dress again.

"They haven't told me anything, and I don't expect anything new today," said Babcock.

UPDATE: Babcock asked if Datsyuk is ready: "Yeah, not really. He had another, I don't know what they call it, but another look at him. Whether it be an MRI or whatever. And everything seems to be good. So now it's a matter of when he's ready."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Datsyuk has been out for 5 games, close to two weeks, and will probably miss the next game, and his team has not missed a beat. Why don't they just say he's out for the playoffs instead of dragging this "Will he play" saga on every day? I mean, he must be REALLY hurt if he's missing the SC Finals. I'm just annoyed with this whole thing.

June 1, 2009 at 3:04 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumor has it that he has a broken foot. I don't think the Wings want the penguins and cindy to know the extent of the injury just in case he comes back. We all remember what happened to Franzen last year (punch to the head from roberts).

June 1, 2009 at 7:28 PM 
Blogger Unknown said...

I think they have to leave it in the mix. If he gets healthy, he will play. 2 weeks is no big deal if there is no tendon damage. I've played games two weeks after a broken bone in the foot before and I've also hurt my hoof to the point where i had to take 3 months off in a similar, but somehow very different injury that included tendon damage.

June 2, 2009 at 9:07 AM 
Blogger Ethan J. said...

http://redwingsdynasty.blogspot.com/ I really like this blogger. Feel free to check out my blog as well. Thanks!

June 2, 2009 at 11:28 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home