Blogs > Red Wings Corner

Up-to-the minute updates and insights from the Red Wings locker room at home and on the road. By Chuck Pleiness of The Macomb Daily.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ryno to return

Jim Nill confirmed that Johan Ryno will return to play in North America this season. Hat Trick Dick Axelsson will also play over here.

Ryno left Grand Rapids in November, 2007, two months into his first North American season. Ryno cited on- and off-ice reasons for heading back to Sweden.

A knee injury in October of 2008 kept him out of last season until January, 2009.

Ryno had a real good training camp in Traverse City in 2007. Hopefully, the return can bring life back to the big guy's chances of becoming a Red Wing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Athtar said...

I was impressed with Ryno when he cam over to play in GR the first time.

He lost valuable development time when he went back (due to injuries and lack of playing time when he was healthy). I think if he had stayed, he would've been a candidate to play for the Wings this season or the next, at the latest.

June 27, 2009 at 11:50 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I saw Ryno play a few games in Grand Rapids before he went back and I was kind of disappointed when he went back to Sweden because he looked like one of the Griffins better players that season.

June 28, 2009 at 10:41 AM 
Anonymous AIKpatrick said...

It is with disapointment I read that Ryno is going back to Red Wings as I would like to have him at leat one year more in my favorite club AIK in Stockholm, Sweden as he was injuired most of last season. Good luck Ryno and hope to see you in AIK again.

June 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in TC for camp in 2007 and Ryno was ok. I wouldn't call it "a real good training camp" for him, since he wasn't as good as hoped. I thought it was last year (2008) that he supposedly had a good camp (I wasn't there last year).

June 30, 2009 at 1:29 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home