Blogs > Red Wings Corner

Up-to-the minute updates and insights from the Red Wings locker room at home and on the road. By Chuck Pleiness of The Macomb Daily.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Morning quotes

Part of the reason for putting Filppula on Datsyuk's line tonight is that they played together in the post-season ...

Babcock: "What made me decide is they played well together in the playoffs."

The lineup change gives Matt Ellis his first chance this season after getting a taste wtih the Red Wings last winter.

Ellis: "You never want to see one of your teammates go down, but that's part of the game. It's something as professional athletes we have to deal with.
I'll keep things simple and play my game."
"Last year by being here and playing some games, it definitely laid a foundation for me to come in and to know what to expect at this level. It also helps with the nerves and composure."

Franzen on being hurt: "It's not the start I was hoping for, I can tell you that. Playing a game and a half and being out. I'd rather take it now than at the end of the season."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home