Blogs > Red Wings Corner

Up-to-the minute updates and insights from the Red Wings locker room at home and on the road. By Chuck Pleiness of The Macomb Daily.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Life on the bubble

Kyle Quincey said that he's not sure what the future holds for him other than he has a 1:30 p.m. meeting with the Red Wings' brass. The defenseman was told not to skate at this morning's practice. He is healthy. There are reports that Quincey is being shopped around the league.

"I wish I knew something else," said Quincey. "I'm just ready for a new challenge or if I stay here, I'm ready for that challenge. I don't know anything."

Ville Leino and Jonathan Ericsson -- two more bubble players -- did practice this morning, but both said they don't know where they'll be after the 3 p.m. roster deadline tomorrow. Ericsson said that if he had to guess, he'd be in Grand Rapids.

Darren McCarty does know that he'll be in Detroit past tomorrow's roster deadline. But he doesn't know when his groin will be well enough to allow him to skate. McCarty will start the season on injured reserve. After he comes off that list, McCarty is hopeful about his chances of making the roster.

"I'm still in the mix," said McCarty.

General manager Ken Holland will hold a 2 p.m. press conference today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home