Blogs > Red Wings Corner

Up-to-the minute updates and insights from the Red Wings locker room at home and on the road. By Chuck Pleiness of The Macomb Daily.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cheli, Mule back on the ice

Both Chris Chelios (fractured leg) and Johan Franzen (sprained knee) skated before practice, today. For both, it was their first skate since being injured. It's a step forward, but neither will be back in the lineup soon.

Franzen said that everything felt fine and he's hoping that he's out just 2-3 weeks by the time before he returns to game action. He said that it feels better than it did a year ago when he suffered a similar injury.

"It felt good," said Franzen. "Started slow. I didn't want to risk anything. Long strides."

Chelios said that he was disappointed with his on-ice workout, experiencing pain not right on the fracture but in the surrounding area.

"Cheli said things aren't going very good," said Coach Mike Babcock.

"The fact that I got cleared (to skate) was at least good news," said Chelios. "I really thought I'd be a lot better off today than I (was) because when I was training, I had no pain."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home